Saturday, November 10, 2012

Job Search

As the title suggests I've been looking for a job. It hasn't been that successful. Mostly because I don't know what I want to do. I did want to become a journalist at one point but it's doubtful that will happen what what with every newspaper slowly dying with every new ipod app that comes out.

And to be honest there's nothing else I really want to do. There's no way in hell I am going to come back from war to take up a boring desk job. No way in hell.

I guess you could say that is how me and Poet became such best friends. We met in a journalism club back in high school and we hanged out with one another ever since. When we moved onto college poet decided we should move into the same apartment and we've been stuck here since.

Well... she's been stuck here. I've been in Afghanistan while she's been trying to get another book published. I really hope her new book is successful, her writing is much better than most of the crap that's been made lately.

One other thing that's been happening is that I haven't had that much sleep lately to be honest and I don't know why. I don't have a traumatic war story that, so I can't blame it on that. I guess I've just been anxious lately because I'm getting used to all the things that have change lately.

For instance, they're planning on tearing down the park I went to when I was a kid, in order to make a mall. What utter bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment