Monday, November 5, 2012

He's home

My name is Poet Marleau, actually it is Poét Marleau, but I like Poet better.
I suppose I should introduce myself to the readers of this blog. I'm a 23 year old girl (or woman, depending on my level of sophistication at a given time).

I'm currently trying to become a writer, despite the fact that it's not really a reliable market right now. I suppose my name has always inspired me to go this path. I've only written one novel in my lifetime and it had only a limited publication here in Nova, Nova Scotia.

I suppose that is more than some have achieved, although the company went under because of my book.
Then again Neil Gaiman was once in my shoes.


So I suppose I tend to look on the bright side.
For example my best friend Memphis came home from serving in the military  I was so glad. I didn't even want him to go in the first place. If I recall I told him that Afghanistan would probably become his grave if he left. I remember us having an argument about it.

I actually should consider myself lucky that he came back unhurt. While we are not dating or anything like that he is my best friend and I care about him, so of course I worried.

He told me that he was going to start a blog and I asked him if I could be a part of it. It will be good to do some project together, like the good ol' days.




No comments:

Post a Comment