Friday, February 1, 2013

Wonderland

Poet says it was just a dream but I know it isn't. That was far too real. I need... I need to write it down before I forget. I found myself in a large field, with no one in sight for miles besides him, the man in gray. As he looked at his pocket watch he pointed directly at me and

"Follow me child" He said. "Follow me into the rabbit hole..."

I had no choice in the matter, my legs moved on their own and followed the man out into the forest. We stopped at the edge of the wilderness. As we entered their meeting ground we found the March Hare, the Dormouse, and Mad Hatter all sitting at their large table covered with the most delicious looking food anyone could imagine. Not that they needed it of course, it merely acted as a distraction, to make me think that they were less threatening.

"How dare you bring a human into my realm White Rabbit!" The Hare screamed. "You have-"

"I have done nothing that you have not done in the past Morpheus." The man in gray said.

"Let him speak Morpheus. Obviously he has brought us an important piece." The Dormouse said as he pointed at me with his fingers made of thorns.

"Indeed. This is your new champion."

At this point the Hatter got up from his chair and with the aid of his cane walked up to me. He examined my body and then he looked at the man in gray. Bugs started pouring out from his eyeholes and as they landed on the ground they started piling on top of one another and started forming words.

"I assume that you and Isalein have found your champion as well."

"Of course." The man in gray said.

"Then let the trials begin."

As I looked into the Hatter's eyeholes the forest disappeared and I found myself back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment