Sunday, September 1, 2013

Day four of the forest

For the past four days I've been traveling through the forest, only stopping occasionally for rest and to hunting for food. Most of the animals I caught were rabbits or squirrels until yesterday, when I saw a "goat" easting the leaves off of a bush. I can't really explain why, but I suddenly became uncontrollably hungry when I saw it, even though I had eaten something moments before.

So I took out the makeshift spear I had created during my second day in the forest, and prepared to take my prize. As I approached the bush, I accidently stepped on a, alerting the "goat" of my presence. By now you've probably guessed that all those quotation marks that "goat" was fucked up somehow, so let me just come out and explain what it really was. 

Its "head" was actually attacked onto it's body with stitches, and blood was dripping from the neck as if it was a recent wound. Aside from that, the rest of it looked like a naked human male who hadn't eaten in years. Despite that, it ran away at an incredible speed, and with its absence my hunger started to fade. 

"Sorry about that," A voice from within the forest said. "The Wendigo doesn't have a domain of his own, so he travels throughout the Gods domains for protect."

"Who's there?!" I exclaimed as I prepared to attack. "Show yourself."

"Oh, but I already have. You see, I am this entire forest, and every single living plant within it."

The ground started to shake uncontrollably, and the trees in front of me started moving out of the way. Now that they were gone I could see two figures sitting at the dinning table I saw in my dreams months before me and Poet got involved with the Fears. I immediately recognized the Plague Doctor, but the other one was someone I had never seen.
 
They were dressed in a black suit and their face was covered by a gray mask that resembled a wolf. In one hand he held a cane and in the other he held a cup of tea. Judging by the encounter I had with the Plague Doctor in my dream, I pieced together that the forest was the man made of thorns and the man in the wolf mask was the hare.

"Please, take a seat Mister Memphis," The forests voice echoed. "We have much to explain." 

No comments:

Post a Comment