Saturday, December 29, 2012

Doorknob

For a person claiming to have no specific attachments outside of the friendship bond with Memphis, I sure don't date that much and talk about him all the time.

I'm a really strange person, I must admit. But for all intensive purposes there is nothing going on between me & Memphis.

Before I start rambling this entire post about Memphis, I should start noting something that happened yesterday in my interview with Robert Galecki, yes I found out his real name from daddy. He didn't have time for me until today.

"Ah Mrs.Marleau...why don't you have a seat?"

"Thank you for meeting with me"

"So what is your book about? I'm not a regular publisher of course...so the whole process of sending in manuscripts is not something I long after."

"Well...it's hard to explain"

"Good enough, I'll publish it."

"Really, just like that?"

"Sure, I think if I had to say who my best friend in the world is, then that is Gavin Marleau. Plus, I owe him"

"Really that's great"

So in terms, the interview went very well, but the odd part happened when I was leaving his office and was walking towards the door. He sort of rushed in ahead of me, told me to hang on for a while, rustled the knob a bit & then opened it. 

I'm beginning to see what Memphis is talking about with the weird vibe thing, rather weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment